Wednesday 10 April 2013

Starting the Diploma

Hi there dears :D
Since I've got a late start at collage and I got woke up by my lovely cats as they were bored I thought that this would be an ideal time to fill you on what is happening in my life. Because I've done all my Grades at LAMDA now my drama teacher has suggested that I do my diploma, which basically would be another A level. Apparently it consists of 3 sections, all which you must pass to get the diploma, Firstly you have got to learn three/four pieces based round a theme, one has to be a poem, the second an extract from a book and the third from a play plus one more of any. Because I already had a piece that I wanted to do then I looked at the themes in that and chose temptation, then I must write a 5000 word essay on my theme and how I prepared for my pieces I.e. the social background, how the piece challenged me and what I had to do to concur those difficulties e.c.t. And finally I have to do a theory test on 3 writers from a certain century...
I do realise that I've made it sound really dull but hopefully I will be able to get it all done within a year before I set off into the world  (and hopefully get into Drama school.) 
Ohhh and I've already got two pieces to look at, one is playing a serpent in back to methuselah by G.B shaw ( which is what I did for my National youth theatre audition) and the other is called Map of the Heart by a guy called William Nicholson. I could do both and pick a poem and a prose extract but let's see shall we :D
Wish I could sit in bed all day and do this but I got to shower as I stink plus I need to do some smelly homework before collage. 
Well then, gunt bye
Terri ;D x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D