Thursday 25 April 2013

A slight dyslexia outburst...

Hey you cool people.
Really sorry for not writing any posts for a while, I've had a lot of catching up to do.
Just a quick update on me, although it is not really acting related I have been given permission to use a laptop in my exams! I might have forgotten to mention that I am dyslexic and in exams I struggle to finish due to the amount of reading which is involved so in getting a laptop at least I know that I write a hell of a lot faster so I will spend less time panicking about how much time I have got left and more on the initial questions.
I know that people think that dyslexia is a common problem theses days and that it isn't looked down upon in prejudice with people thinking that you're dumb but you would be surprised at how medieval some people still are about it. Especially teachers! For example in High school I was in an english class and our teacher Miss Nicholas (I can't be bothered making up a pretend name for her since I think she should be named and shamed for this.) was writing the notes down too fast for me to catch up with her, so I put my hand up and asked her to slow down since I was having trouble keeping up due to me being dyslexic - which incidentally she had already been informed of - and her reply; "And how is that my problem, you should hurry up" with a face that clearly showed that she thought that I was stupid... And it was in front of the entire class, making me feel highly humiliated and that I was just as silly as she thought I was.
To let you know that I did pass english with a C (language) and a B in lit. Not with the help of her though.
I had the same problem too in a science class in year 9 with a teacher calling me stupid and informing me that I really shouldn't take all three sciences next year as I wasn't up for it.
^ And to let you know on that score I did take all three sciences (just to annoy him) and ended up getting straight A's in all three! HA you dick, couldn't stop me!!!

Generally I did have a big problem with the teachers at my High School. (Marple Hall High School in Stockport if you're interested, don't go, it's a shit hole.)
Although a couple of the teachers didn't think that I was an idiot, Mrs Hind being the main one, the only one who made sure that I had all the notes at the end of the lesson.

In fact this has got me so wound up that I've just wrote a letter to my old school saying:

Hello old school,
It has taken me a while to have the courage to write this to say that now I am in collage and I am experiencing what real teaching is like then you to know that I spent the worse 5 years of my life with you and that I am going to be telling every young child's mother who I know not to send their kids to Marple Hall.
Not only did you not care about our well being except if our grades were good enough to not make the school look like shite but there was nothing really about the school that I remember that I have good memories about.
I also want to thank you on how little help you gave me after I told you I had learning difficulties and needed extra support but nothing was done. I know now that this was because it costs money to have these checks done when it could be spent on maintaining you're lovely website. This includes the fact that to my face I was called stupid and told I shouldn't take a certain subject because I wasn't up to that standard (Mr Howard if you want to know when I was in his year 9 class) Oh and he said that in front of the entire class ensuring that was totally embarrassed and felt wrong for not being able to think like the other kids. I would just like to inform you that I did go on to do separate science to annoy him and I got three A's, not with any of his help. 
The only teacher's in your entirely worthless school who are worth some credit are Mr D and Miss Wilson for telling me that I was good at a something. Mr Wales since his classes were a lot of fun and Mrs Hind who I believe is the only teacher who generally wanted us to do well, when I told her I was being bullied helped me as much as possible and finally she would (to the annoyance of the class) make sure that I had all the notes finished before moving on to the next topic. She should go to a better school because she went beyond being a normal teacher. And I would like to thank her for doing what she did for me.
As for the rest of you I present my middle finger,
Yours not sincerely,
Terri Donovan.

Well at least now I've got out what I wanted to say to them.
Cherrio
Terri ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D