Saturday 6 April 2013

So You want to go to Drama School? Reveiw

Weekend Wooohh ( meaning Doctor Who!!!)
Hope everyone in England is enjoying the cold sunny weather we've been having recently. Its like a heatwave for us in Manchester!
Anyway I have finnaly managed to read the book on Drama schools, it is a good book but the style of the book is very different to the last one.
Basically the main aim of the book was to act as assistance when you were preparing for the audition stage for Drama school, how you should choose which ones to want to apply for (there are hundreds to choose from so pick carefully guys) and the peices which you should look at. It also sets out how you should look at a shakespeare peice, translating it into "moden language" - Personally this rather insulted me as Shakespeare's language is a flow of emotion not a simple convosation. - and talks through the way you should become the character.
The book also helps out if your applying for a musical theatre course, although a lot of this didn't apply to me yet I know that at the majority of Drama Schools they have a part of the audition where you have to sing so the section with choosing a song was very informative (since I know nothing about singing as I've never had tuition).
Overall it's a very informative book yet the way it is written is like a primary school teacher trying to get the kids to understand numbers i.e quite demeaning in style, but I still recomend So you want to be an actor? And I will put snipits of the book onto here at a later date.
Meanwhile back to the revision
Adios amigos, Terri ;D

P.S. The exam went quite well considering all the panic I was in before hand, the peices went well and I knew quite a bit of theory so fingers crossed that I passed :D

P.P.S. The National Youth theatre results are out this week!!!
I don't think that I've got in as only 1/10 do and I really don't think that I sold myself well enough (not in a prozzie way :P ). But it would be nice if I did so cross more of thoes fingers for me.
Now cherrio.

P.P.P.S. Doctor who's on tonight!!!!! :D :D ...
Ok I'll go now.
BYEEEE ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D