Sunday 31 March 2013

So you want to be an actor reveiw

Happy Easter everyone! Hope that you all got pleanty of easter eggs and rest, and watched Doctor Who!
I do appologise for not writing in a while, I had the misfortune to catch a stomach bug on my birthday so I've spent the majority of the weekend throwing up in a bucket and feeling sorry for myself as I couldn't eat any easter eggs :(
Anyway I got both the books that I was talking about but for this post only I'm going to discuss the first one, "So you want to be an Actor".
Firstly this book covers Everything, if you have a query about something then this book will probably cover it. From Agents to Charity work and union fees - there are an awful lot of expenses - to Uni vs Drama School it's all breifly talked about.
I say breif as it dosen't go into too much detail on everything, except perhaps the use of language and it's different forms such as PR and phrasing, which was very interesting yet slightly off topic.
One of the only small faults with this book is that it is a bit out of date when it comes the Drama School fees (written in 2005 it was an awful lot cheaper to go.) So if you do buy the book bear this in mind as in the UK the majority of Drama Schools charge the full £9,000.
However the writing style is a delight and kept me interested throughout. Written by one of the industry's biggest star husband and wife acts (Timothy West and his wife) it flips from one to the other - different font styles are used to show who's writing, - this as a reader allows you to see an insight into their carrers and gain knowledge from it.

I really enjoyed reading the book and if you are serious about acting then it truly opens your eyes to it all and is well worth the £5 I spent buying it.
Cherrio then Terri ;D

P.S Wreck it Ralph WAS SO GOOD! I can't belive that I didn't go see it before that!
Now bye :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D