Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mad times for Mad People

Hello,
Now I realise that I haven't wrote on here for quite some time, not because I have forgoten you but because a) I have been verry very very busy and b) I've had writer's block... badly. (Oh and I appologise if much of this is spelt wrong but I am currently on a bus writing this on my iphone, which let me say, have very arkward keypads.)
But today has been mental, because today everything hit me... like BOOM hit me with your disco-stick thang. And writing on this always seems to calm me down so I'm just going to get everything out in one list of things that have happened in the last month ish.
So here goes:
- I started College
- I am doing 4 A-levels...
-... and a diploma (in which I have to write a 5000 word essay)
- I was told that I am in a play and have had to learn a ridiculous amount of lines in two weeks
- The play is on Saturday
- I have wrote a personal statement for many drama schools, plus filling in too many forms as well
- I have had two orders from my esty shop in the last two days, both deciding that they wanted it shipped abroad to them making me confused about posting and packaging rubbish
- I auditioned for my college's production of Les Miserables to try and get over my fear of singing in public (too long a story to explain this irrational fear so just go with it).
- I got in the college's production of Les Miserables (chorus thank god I dont think I could deal with a main role) with reherals every night after college.
- I have applied for a job... in the libary (coz I is well kool man)
- I have bought tickets to see Midsummer Nights Dream at the Noel Coward Theatre (this isnt a negative but I just wanted to put it out there)
- I sent off my application for Guildhall (Costing me £60!!!!!!!)
-Guildhall have given me a date for my audition, its in less than a month!!!!!!!!!
-I have been ill for the past two weeks, and the cats have chewed through my charger...

!!!!!!!!!!! SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guildhall audition is on the 06 of November and although I know (due to all the research I have done) that as a 17yr white female I have a minimal chance as it gets but there is always hope and I will always be one to look for hope in these circumstances.
For my peices (which you need three) I have a deffinate selection of (yes another list) :
Helena's  How happy some o' other some can be. (Shakespeare)
Racheal from Port (Simon Stephens)
The Snake in Back to Methuselah (G.B Shaw)

They need to be two mins long so they all need shortening down but that is rather easy to do once its all learnt.
 But a month to do all this, to get everything done... Its going to be ridiculous.
Thank fudge that I've got half term in the middle of it all as then is going to be my knuckle down and just get on with it.

I am going to go and start preparing. Because, as I have just read, it is the lack of preperation which is the biggest dreamkiller for drama school aplicants.
On that note...
Cheerio,
Terri :D

P.S And I have a maths test tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D