Sunday 18 May 2014

Rwanda...

Hi Everyone,
                    Just thought I'd give you a little update on something other than acting :O 

Rwanda April - June 1994, 800,000 people are murdered during the mass genocide that has devastated this stunning country ever since. As a result, hundreds of children have been left with no family, surviving totally alone. 

This time next year, I will be in Rwanda, spending 10 weeks at Imbabazi orphanage on the Rwandan/Congolese border in a small village called Gisenyi, many of these children and young adults will have witnessed events that we could not possibly imagine. 
I am open-mined to what I will no doubt face in Rwanda, it will not be easy by any means, but I do know that it is important for me to experience what I believe is 'the real world.'

Best Wishes,
Elizabeth
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D