Tuesday 2 February 2016

RADA audition 2.0

Hi all,
So today I had my first audition of this Drama School system (or whatever you want to call it). And it just so happened to be RADA, one of my first choices.
Currently I'm coming down from the adrenaline rush I had doing it so it may take longer to string sentences together atm.
So I woke up far too early and ate breakfast before settling off to Manchester (where the audition was). I got there really early so I had time to limber up and talk to a few people who happened to have done NYT over the summer like me so that was nice talking to them.
They then called me in and told me their names (the man was called John) and shook my hand before sitting me down and asking the regular questions like what are you doing at the moment and asked me about NYT and a show I did with CYC that toured recently.
They then asked me to do my first two speeches which went quite well - if a little too fast perhaps with nerves.
The lady there then asked me to do my third speech as well and told me that she would probably stop me half way through. So I did it but she didn't stop me. Now with my third speech I hadn't practiced as much as the other two but I just did it with the truth that I was feeling. That speech went quite well too.
They then asked me to sit down again and asked me what actors am I a fan of, what theatre have I seen recently (both in London and locally) and where else am I applying to this year.
And then they told me I could leave.
Overall I feel happy about what I did today, whatever the circumstances of the results. Because I know that I did my best and I left the audition knowing that I had been given a fair opportunity to achieve my goals.
And now I'm eating cheesy garlic bread as a treat.
Adios,
Terri ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D