Monday 4 August 2014

Sun is shining in the sky, I think that this will be a beautiful day!

Hey fellow thespians,
So I know that you guys are still waiting for me to post a database of all the drama schools that Im applying to this year and to give you some infomation on them, but first I thought that I'd give you guys a quick update on whats happening at the moment in my life.
Firstly it is less than two weeks til my A level results arrive. And, lets face it, I kinda just want to vomit every time I think about it. I don't know what everyone elses thoughts/feelings are about results day but I wish you all the best for the traumatic hour that will be 6:00 am on the 14th of August.
As a postive I'm going to be heading down to Leeds festival soon and I'm compleatley buzzing to go. I know that Leeds fest has quite a bad reputation for drugs and theft, and fair enough as last year I had my sleeping bag stolen for no apparent reason :/ but I guess that that is part of its charm.
Another positive is that I've just been to the cinema to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, the new marvel movie staring Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper. Now for thoes who haven't yet watched it I won't spoil the plot but the soundtrack is brilliant and Chris Pratt is a fabulous dancer!
And the last positive thing is… I'm going to see a total of 4 different shakespeare productions within the next year incuding… Benidict Cumberbatch's Hamlet at the Barbican next August!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED I cannot wait for 2015 to arrive!
I waited two hours in the online queue (a very english queue I might add) and I reckon its going to be compleatly worth it!
Of course I'm heading up to see the Hamlet at the Royal Exchange too (which was a quater of the price than the barbican production), Romeo and Juliet at the Victoria Baths in Manchester and Love Labour's Won (i.e Much ado about nothing) at the RSC. 
With the Love Labours Won show, I never intentionally bought tickets for that, what I am doing is going to a weekend of workshops held at the RSC to help with my performance of Shakespeare and the show was thrown in as a perk if the workshops there.
As you can see I'm using my Gap year to see as much theatre and movies as I can, including attending open days and going to drama school auditions to try and start my campaign to becoming an actress.
On drama school, Im still struggling trying to find the perfect contempary monologue, obviously I could use last years monologue for Port by Simon Stephens but I'm not certain I was able to showcase my skills well with that piece.
Anyway, as I'm on a packed train trying to write this. I guess that it would be wise to write some more later.
Adios,
Terri ;D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you're thought's about the post, everyone is free to chirp in ;D